The process of buying an apartment always requires from you plenty of efforts, time, and attention.
So, buying an apartment, as a rule, consists of several stages: finding a suitable option, checking out an apartment, checking documents, legal paperwork and so on. In case you are planning to live with a roommate, you will also have to find a suitable neighbor since there are plenty of roommate types and not all of them can be ideal for you.
The first step is to choose what type of property you are interested in: whether you want an apartment in a new building or you would rather opt for the sphere of the secondary market.
Then you should decide on a district. When choosing a district, you need to follow the following criteria. The most common ones are: proximity to your workplace, transport interchanges (subway, buses, taxis, etc…), proximity to a kindergarten (school), the environmental situation, and so on.
Check if there is a park, a green area, a children’s playground etc. near the apartment.
Having chosen a district, you can proceed to choosing an apartment. The convenience and the value of property are determined by a number of parameters:
- remoteness from the city center;
• prestige value and ecological cleanness of the district;
• distance to the nearest transport stop;
• floor, number and the size of rooms;
• layout of rooms, kitchen, bathroom and hallway;
• type of restroom (combined or separate);
• presence and size of balconies, loggias;
• availability of the phone;
• ceiling height;
• condition of the apartment;
• condition of the yard, porch;
• availability of the elevator;
The greatest demand is traditionally on one-room and two-room apartments.
An important stage in the process of buying an apartment is an examination of the future apartment. When examining an apartment, it is important to see all the advantages and disadvantages of an apartment.
There are several hidden flaws, which can be recognized before buying.
- Pay attention to the thickness of the walls, since if the walls are too thin, it might be quite cold, or damp in the apartment.
- Look where the windows look on. Traditionally east and west are the best options. If the apartment is located on the top floor, it is important for the sun not to shine all day. In summer, it will be impossible to live in this apartment.
- The defect, which is not visible is the so-called fungus on the walls. It may well be hidden by the wallpapers. This fungus is formed in long empty, unheated homes. However, it is very difficult to get rid of fungus. So you should check the walls.
- If there is a construction project being done near the apartment, be sure to inspect the house for cracks, check out the bathroom etc.
As practice shows, all the small defects are difficult to detect, however, they may not be a problem for you, if you plan a renovation.
Finally, having picked an apartment you need to check personal documents of the seller and the documents confirming their right to the property.
If you still have not found a suitable option, we suggest you check out some condos for sale online to choose the best dwelling for yourself.